Monday, April 07, 2008

That time of year..




Garage Sales!!!! Yeah! I guess it's garage sale time all year round down here, because too often I am driving around town on the weekends and am following cardboard signs. The boys and I went out last weekend and picked up some GREAT DEALS!!! The deal of the day was Noah's train table that came with wooden tracks, thomas trains, car, a cool bridge, and accessories. Not bad for $30. I have been on the search for one that came with everything and I couldn't find one for under $75, so when we pulled up and I saw this, we were very excited! Jacob has been cruising for what seems like forever! More like 2 months, but it seems longer. I found him a little car for $2 that he can ride and push all over the house. He really likes it! Jacob is 100% weaned and is eating all table food! He will be one year old in a couple weeks. Wow, that doesn't even seem possible. He "talks" to us frquently. It's usually a grunt after we ask him a question, but it's talking nonetheless. Noah is very into trains right now. He loves to push them around the tracks, and put the tracks together. We are in the process of getting him into a Half Day, 3 times a week preschool. He LOVES being with other kids and does so well. When Josh picked him up from church yesterday he was sitting on the front row with his hands folded in his lap ready to sing. Too cute!

The team had a tournament last weekend at home, so we walked over (that was so nice) to watch. The boys did great! I packed a picnic lunch and they sat in the stroller and watched as balls were flying everywhere!

It's been very rainy here lately, but hopefully we can get to the park today! More later!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I attended FSC preschool some 25 years ago. I have a lot of memories there. In fact the former director Mary Virigina is good friends with my family still. If Noah is going there and if it's anything like it was then he will have a great time.
Neighborhood garage sales are popular in LKLD. My old street does one every October. Also, if you haven't seen it already there is a great consignment shop for kids on S Florida next to Golden Corral. I go there almost every time I'm in town.

My Etsy