Saturday, March 24, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt!


Had to pick up 2 at a time!


Yeah, I don't think so......

I had so much fun today mommy!!!!

Today was GORGEOUS! We went to a friend's house out in the country to join our other friends in lunch, a visit with the Easter Bunny, and an egg hunt. Noah fell asleep on the way there and for about the first hour, he slept on the blanket in the yard. It was perfect. He woke up when all the excitement began. The easter bunny was there and Noah was NOT excited to see him. He was however very excited to find all the eggs he had hid in the yard. We didn't think that Noah would understand the concept of finding the eggs, putting them in his basket, and finding more, But he did! He LOVED it! We all got way too much sun but had a wonderful time! The party was at an old farm house. There were peacocks walking around the farm and the owners had 4 mastiffs. They were really big dogs, but they loved kids! We really had a good time and are very thankful to be outside enjoying the wonderful weather! We got home around 5 and while I was changing, I saw something on my belly. Luckily I was in front of a mirror, because my belly is so big these days, I wouldn't have seen it. It was a TICK! Yeah, I am usually ok with bugs but this totally freaked me out! Don't worry, it hadn't attached or anything (YET!) and Josh came to my rescue. He pulled it off and burned it! Yeah, I am still a little creeped out by it and totally stripped Noah down right after it happened. He was clean, and so was Josh. Thankfully!
You can view more of our pictures HERE

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ticks, yuck! I can totally sympathize, I've had 2 of them stuck in me...the last time was just about a year ago. I was so embarassed, here I was a new mom, I can handle anything, and I almost ran to my mom sticking my leg out nearly crying. She had to burn him to get his head out! AHHH!! I couldn't look, ugh, they just gross me out SO MUCH!! I'm glad that your little one wasn't attached and that Noah was clean. It looks like he had a blast!! Did he get the most eggs? 2 at a time, wouldn't be surprising! :)

Vogt Family said...

Love Noah's little shorts..I've been looking for some like that for Griff..Where did you find those?

Rachael said...

Josh is our hero!! Way to go in aiding your wife, Josh! Annie, I would have been freaking out too! Living up in Wisconsin I've had several incidents with ticks...there's nothing worse to me than bugs...EXCEPT bugs that stick to you!!!!!!!!

Noah looks like such a sweetie! I would love to meet him and see you guys one day...I'm sure our paths will cross eventually. Glad you all had a good weekend! :)

Wentzel Weekly said...

I am hoping to find somewhere to take Kendra for an egg hunt too...how fun! She doesn't care too much for the lifesized characters either. The other day we asked her again if she wanted to see Santa, and she responded very quickly with a loud "NO!" So funny!
I actually forgot about ticks. At Northland growing up, we got them all the time, and thought nothing of it. We just got used to it, and learning to check carefully whenever we would come inside. But, yuck!!! I am so glad it wasn't stuck in you! CRAZY!:)

My Etsy