Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mommy's Little Helper....



He just LOVES to help my do laundry. Only problem is, he puts the dirty clothes in the dryer and then gets mad at me when I take them out and put them in the washing machine. *Sigh* Life sure is hard for a 21 month old. We had a little "accident" today. Noah grabbed his mommy's hair straightener and burned the top 2 of his fingers. It hurt him so bad I thought I was going to have to make a trip to the emergency room. He's a pretty tought kid and after not being able to calm him down after an hour, I was a little concerned. Luckily, a 1/2 hour of Diego and a cool bowl of water did the trick. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him watching his show with his hands in the water. He never took them out. So precious. Anyway, our burned victim is fine, just a couple of blisters but he's okay. Mommy is too, after many tears, and phone calls to loved ones who consoled me! Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Matt and Karen said...

What is with the dryer?!? Owen is totally into putting clothes in the dryer too and shutting the door. Noah reminds me so much of our Owen. Sometimes I think they kind of look alike... :-) Their expressions are very similar sometimes... I don't know what it is?!?

P.S. Owen has moved onto "Thomas and Friends" not so much into the "Wonder Pets" anymore... :-) I'm kinda bummed, sometimes I turn it on to watch it, on my own ... that is sad!

Matt and Karen said...

Totally agree with you about Thomas. No worry about him getting hyper from watching a rousing episode of Thomas falling off the tracks...again! :-)

Hope Noah's hand gets feeling better really soon!

Wentzel Weekly said...

Kendra just helped me out with our laundry this morning too! So funny! The things that can entertain them.:)Can you believe our "babies" are almost 2? They have grown up so fast!!
I am soooo glad Noah's fingers are ok. Hope they heal quickly!

Rachael said...

Oh dear, I think sometimes mommies feel worse about those kind of boo-boos than the babies do!! I'm glad he's okay and you didn't have to go to the ER. Riley likes to help with the wash too...I told Nate that I just wait now until she's sleeping during nap time to do laundry or unload/load the dishwasher...I'm just soooo much faster without my "helper"!! :)

My Etsy