Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby News....

Went to the doctor today. Everything is going well. My blood pressure was high, but I think it was because I was running late and with Noah being sick, we havent exactly been getting alot of sleep at night. So, they took it towards the end of the appointment and it was back down. When the doctor went to listen to the baby's hearbeart, he kept kicking the doppler. It took a while to get a consistent rate because either she or I were laughing, or the baby was kicking the machine. It was funny. He did NOT like that on his momma's tummy! We talked again about a section or a VBAC and decided to go ahead and schedule the section. No date yet, but I will be sure to let you all know, so you can send gifts!!! Ha!! Poundage is escalating. Grand total is 16lbs. I can blame at least a couple pounds of that on baby. He's almost 2 1/2 lbs...

The swing is another story. I had posted on Craigslist that I was looking for one, and recieved a reply on Sat about one in Raleigh for $30!!!! We needed something to put the baby in, instead of just putting him on the floor. (We think Noah would pounce him, who knows if this will stop him) It retails for $140 and this was only used a couple of times, the baby who had it before didnt like it. Lucky us!!! Noah is just trying it out and getting it all ready for the baby. What a nice big brother!!!

Noah is on the mend. He still isn't 100% and spike another fever last night of about 103.4, but after meds today, the fever hasnt come back. He's developed a bad cough and when I say "stop coughing" he coughs more because he thinks it is funny. Hopefully we'll have our little guy back up to speed soon. I guess there is alot of junk going around, and he got hit pretty hard. So far, healthy mommy (knock on wood!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great find on Craigs. I've not done it yet, but Craigs is how my friend Kate and her husband found their SWEET Lake Shore Drive apartment in Uptown Chicago. I'm going to have to give it a whirl...seems that you do a good job with it!

the rinehart's said...

Glad all is going well!

Wentzel Weekly said...

So glad baby number 2 and yourself are doing so well! We have the same swing, and it was great! Kendra just loved it, and my niece is using it now, and loves it too. We didn't get it cheap like you though :). It was a shower present though, so that was nice too!

My Etsy