Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Cream Cheese Factor

Okay, usually I dont like to "vent" on my blog. Afterall, it is called adorablenoah, so I like to make it of him, BUT (you knew it was coming) I just wanted to write about "the cream cheese" factor. Have you ever been to a Panera, a bakery, Dunkin Donuts.....(you get the idea), and ordered a Bagel with Cream Cheese? I have always LOVED bagels especially everything bagels (thank you Megan Clark from Bob Jones!). Not a ton of cream cheese, just a thin layer over the entire half bagel. Anyway, did you know that if you were to buy JUST a bagel at Panera, it would cost you .89? But if you bought a bagel with cream cheese, it woud cost you $2.34? Does this make sense? Dunkin Donuts is the same way. They will charge you .79 for a bagel and if it's with cream cheese, the total is $1.99! Maybe it's the pregnancy, but I get the urge for one of those everything bagels every once in a while and the best are from these places, yet me being my cheap self cannot get over the fact that the cream cheese is more than the bagel! I have tried the whole, I will just pick up half a dozen and eat them at home, but they dont last that long. By the time I get to the 4th one, it's all hard and stale.....Maybe I just need a little fridge for my car that I keep cream cheese and ranch in. Oh I won't even get started on the whole ranch thing, you know when you go to Burger King or McDonalds (for your salads...okay okay, your french fries) and they charge you for an extra Ranch or a ranch at all.....They are condiments people! Next thing you know, they will be charging for Ketchup on your burger!! Anybody know what I am talking about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister Friend. A few weeks ago, I was half tempted to pick up a container of cream cheese, stick it in my purse, and then when she asked if I wanted cream cheese on the bagel, I could have said, "No, I have my own!" I think they charge so much at places like that because they put like three inches of cream cheese on the poor little fresh bagel that just wants to be tasted!!! A THIN layer should cost NOTHING! I'm with you! When you all are ready to move to MI to open our own properly-run bagel shop, let me know!!! :)

Wentzel Weekly said...

You crack me up!! I needed that laugh today. And, do they know who they are messing with ( a pregnant lady :))!!!
So funny, and so true! A stand-up comedian needs this!!

such is life said...

you are not alone!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie, It's Hope from college. Haven't seen you since we ran into each other at that Italian restaurant while I was at a teacher's conference. I check your website frequently. Noah is a sweet boy. I love the basketball video of him giggling. Oh, and the video of him singing "This little light of mine". That was really cute also. Have a great day!

My Etsy