Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Season Well Played


Well, we got in from Nebraska Sunday afternoon. The whole weekend seems like a blur. I ended up getting there Friday at 3 after a stressful day of travel. We flew out of Jacksonville, made a stop in Chicago to change planes, and then cruised into Omaha. Well, sounds easier than done. My flight was delayed from JAX by an hour and a half and then when we landed in CHI, my plane I had to catch was taking off in 15 minutes....I RUN off the plane and through the HUGE airport only to find that the stewardess had told me the wrong gate!!!! I WAS SO MAD! So, I took off in a mad dash for Concourse C and come to find out the plane had been delayed a half hour. So, I MADE IT! I WAS A MESS. Sweat was running down my face and I was panting like crazy......I didnt realize how out of shape I was. Oh I forgot to tell you that on my flight from JAX to CHI, I sat by Kelly Curtis's Uncle. It was her mom's brother Stew. So, we talked and talked for a while....mainly about Titus and how weird he is (just kidding Titus). Small World. Anyway, after all that I made it to FREEZING Omaha Nebraska. Our game started at 6. We played Loiusville and killed them 3-0. There was a record breaking crowd of 14,000 people there to watch. Nebraska played after us and also won, so that meant that we had to play Nebraska (number 1 in the country) IN Nebraska. Our game was at 5:00 and that night they had broken another NCAA record. This time there were over 15,000 people there to watch a volleyball game!!! And let me tell you, only around 20 were routing for Florida. Nebraska played a great match and we lost 0-3. It was the regionals and we made it pretty far. I guess we have a lot to be thankful for and should focus on that... but it really stinks to lose.

Anyway, this post is to the girls I met this season. Rachel and Jane you are both phenomenal girls and players. We wish you luck in anything you do. As for the rest of you guys? Next Year Baby!!!!!! We love you all! Thank you for a great season and terrific memories!

No comments:

My Etsy