Tuesday, March 08, 2011

frugal frugal frugal, cheap cheap cheap

For those of you who know me, know that I loooooove a good deal, and don't like to spend money! Often times if it is a Saturday morning, I am out garage saling (although I haven't been since Taylor has been born) or running over to Salvation army or the Goodwill. Occasionally I will also pick up something I may find on the side of the road. Don't judge me. I am not a hoarder. In fact, most times I will pick it up, clean it off and then sell it. So, you see trash, I see cash :) Anyway, I have been so happy lately with some of my findings, I thought I would share and post some pictures. I love looking at Goodwill for clothes for my kids. What's great about it is you pay the same amount for a Walmart brand shirt as you do a GAP or Ralph Lauren shirt AND if you take that GAP shirt to Once upon a Child, they give you $ for it. Amazing!!! The best thing about most Good Will stores is, all clothing 24 months and under are $1. One Dollar! So, you are really making a little bit of $ for your kids to look good. Don't get me wrong, you gotta hunt, and is hard especially when you have a fussy baby with you or a three year old running through the racks, but most times it isn't that hard. Also, kids clothes are $2. I found 10 pairs of GAP and Old Navy pants and shorts for Noah for next summer and school year. Clothes aren't the only thing to look for resale. Sometimes all the furniture needs is a good cleaning, or even a decent paint job. I know there are some people who "can't" do it, and must buy new, but for those of you who can, there are deals to be had!!! Happy Treasure Hunting!!!


Imaginarium (Thomas) Train Table with tracks $15. Sold $40

Butterfly Chair (you will see this later in a photo shoot :)) $6.00

Toy that plays different instruments and is currently running on the same batteries that came with it. $1.99
Coach Purse $3.00
(I don't like it, but bought it to sell)
GAP sweater dress, Old Navy jacket, Genuine Kids jacket, Carters dress, 3 Old Navy skirts (yes those are tags still on them!), Old Navy shirt, Gap pink pants, Children's Place jeans, Drum roll please $10.00

FREE (minus cushions and pillows): found this sofa, love seat, and chair on the side of the road. Painted it and enjoyed it for almost 2 years. Didn't make it hard to leave behind in FL.
FREE: Just needed a good wash with the pressure washer.
Sold for $35
FREE: Josh thought I was nuts when I came home with this thing in my car.
Sold for $50

FREE: found this guy outside a Storage Unit facility by the dumpster.
Sold for $20 (FAST)
$35: Found in Salvation army. Just needs some new bottom knobs. (Did I mention it matches her crib perfectly?!?!)
$20. Okay, this crib cost $180, however I bought a crib at a yard sale from some very organized grandparents, found out it was recalled, took it into Walmart with the receipt (the people had put the receipt in with the directions) and they gave me $180 cash with which I drove right over to Target and purchased this lovely crib. But, it still only cost me $20 and my time.
Leather Love Seat (without the two knuckle heads) $55

$5.00 BEFORE
About 6 more dollars and some time.


No comments:

My Etsy