Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Banana Bites

Okay, Miss T is 7 months old now. She is crawling all over the place, starting to pull up on things, and has 2 1/2 teeth (one of her front top teeth has been crawling it's way through, she looks hilarious because it's only one and it's not all there yet). Anyway, you would think she has mastered eating baby food! I mean, she IS almost 8 months old. My boys at her age were eating 3 times a day, one jar at each sitting, with Jacob I had to make his food thicker and add oatmeal because he was so hungry. WELL, Miss Priss has decided that she will NOT not not eat her baby food. I have tried everyday since the day I felt "she was ready", thinking, okay, today is the day. Nope. So, all that to say, I have tried to get creative when it comes time to feed her. She will not eat anything off the spoon, won't even open her mouth, but if you break small pieces off of whatever you are eating, she opens wide enough to park a car in there. The trick is, getting the pieces small enough so that she doesn't choke, and big enough so that she can see what I am putting in her mouth. So, every morning I cut up a banana into small, tiny little pieces, then I take a plastic bag and smash cherrios, or rice krispies, or corn chex (it really doesn't matter), then put the tiny bites in the plastic bag and shake it up. This coats the bananas so that they aren't quite as slippery, then I place all the "bites" in a bowl or on a plate. You can do it with any mushy slippery fruit or even cook vegetables. Sissy also wants "to do it all by herself", but she can't because she hasn't developed the pincer grasp, so I have to feed her by putting it on my finger and she pulls my finger in her mouth. High Maintenance I am telling you! It will be alot easier when I can just put the bites on her tray. Anyway, just wanted to share our little trick with the mom's out there who wanted to try something a little different. Happy Feeding!!!

No comments:

My Etsy